Personal and Other Information We May Collect
Personal Information is data and information that can identify you as an individual, either alone or when combined with other information for example:
- Contact Information (name and home address);
- Phone number
- Birth date
- Credit or Debit Card Number
It is important to keep in mind, however, that we do not share or release personal information, credit card or financial information for use by other organizations.
Other Information is any information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an identifiable individual:
- Browser and device information;
- Application usage data;
- Information collected through cookies, and other technologies;
- Demographic information and other information provided by you;
- Aggregated information.
Your IP Address
Like many industry websites, we may automatically collect your IP address and the web page from which you came. In order to administer and optimize the Site for you and to diagnose problems with our Site, we may use your IP address to help identify you, to gather broad demographic information about you and for other purposes. Your IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider. An IP address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user accesses the Site, along with the time of the visit and the pages visited. We use IP addresses for purposes such as calculating usage levels, diagnosing server problems, and administering the Site. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address.
How Do I Manage Cookies
Unless you have set your browser to automatically refuse them, cookies will be created on your system the second you visit our site. You can refuse or accept cookies from the Site at any time by changing the settings on your browser. Information on how to enable or disable cookies can be found on your Internet browser provider’s website via the help menu.
We may also use other technologies that are similar to cookies in order to best offer you content that will interest you based on prior activity on the Site, to better prevent fraud, and for authentication purposes. For example, we may gather device attributes and combine information collected by most browsers or automatically through your device to create a unique ID that identifies your browser or device to us with reasonable certainty. In this context we may collect, use, and combine the following information:
- Number of visits
- Last visit
- First visit
- External IP address
- Internal IP address
- Screen resolution
- Geolocation (latitude/longitude based on IP address)
- Device performance benchmark
- Device bandwidth benchmark
- Device user-agent (browser type, version)
- Device capabilities (Modernizer string for browser capabilities)
- Device operating system
- Device plugins installed
- Browser language
- Flash enabled or disabled
- Device time on file
- Keywords used if coming from search engine
- Pages visited
- Length of visit
- Referral page
- Mouse cursor position
- Mouse clicks
- Page scroll position
Site analytics will collect the physical location of your device, for example, using satellite, cell phone tower, or Wi-Fi signals. This can be used to provide you with location-based services and content.
Through Your Browser or Device:
Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your IP address, computer type, screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version, referring URL, and the name and version of the Services (such as the mobile application) you are using. We use this information to ensure that the Services function properly.
How We Use Personal Information
We and our service providers may use Personal Information for legitimate business purposes including:
Providing the functionality of the Services and fulfilling your requests.
- To provide the Site’s functionality to you, such as arranging access to your registered account.
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, when you contact us via one of our online contact forms or otherwise, for example, when you send us questions, suggestions, compliments or complaints, or when you request information about our Site.
- To complete your transactions and provide you with related customer service.
- To send administrative information to you, such as changes to our terms, conditions and policies.
We will engage in these activities to manage our contractual relationship and/or to comply with a legal obligation.
Providing you with our newsletter and / or other marketing materials and facilitating social sharing.
- To send you marketing related emails, with information about our Site, new products and other news from our partners.
- To facilitate social sharing functionality that you choose to use.
- Online surveys to receive feedback and comments.
Analysis of Personal Information for business reporting and providing personalized services.
- To analyze or predict our users’ preferences in order to prepare aggregated trend reports on how our digital content is used, so we can improve our Site.
- To better understand you, so that we can personalize our interactions with you and provide you with information and/or offers tailored to your interests.
- To better understand your preferences so that we can deliver content via our Site that we believe will be relevant and interesting to you.
We will provide personalized services either with your consent or because we have a legitimate interest.
Information We Do Not Share with Others
We do not release personal information, credit card or financial information for use by other companies. For both privacy and security purposes, all transactional information communicated between customers and our Web site is transmitted in an encrypted format, and all credit card information is stored in a highly secure computing environment.
How We Use Demographic Information
Links to Other Sites
Registered users may opt to receive links to other sites we think you will enjoy. These sites operate independently of Blaxfriday.com and have established their own privacy and security policies. For the best online experience, we strongly encourage you to review these policies at any site you visit.
Third-Party Payment Processing
Payments processed through this Site are done so by a third party pursuant to a contractual agreement. Neither we nor our third-party payment processor release personal information, credit card or financial information for use by other companies. For both privacy and security purposes, all transactional information communicated between customers and our Site is transmitted in an encrypted format, and we do not store personal credit card information.